Skip to main content

How To Switch Blackberry Using Blackberry 'Switch Devices'

So I've gotten my hands on a new Blackberry Curve 9360. It is finally time to cast away my slow Bold 9700. Surely, I want to keep my all my contacts, calendars, apps, etc. when I move to the new device. So here is where Switch devices feature comes in.

First off, connect your old device (Bold 9700) to your PC, run Blackberry Desktop Software. Go to Device > Switch devices…
Make sure your old device is connected. Information about your old device should appear as below.

Then, it will ask you whether you want to transfer data and apps from your old device to the new one or not.  

Then it will start backing up your current data.

After it's done, it will ask you to connect the new device. Disconnect the old device (Bold 9700) and connect the new one (Curve 9360).

Information about the new device should appear as below.

Then it will start moving your data and apps to the new device.

When it's done, you can edit the setting about what the Desktop Software should do whenever this device connect.

After you click Finish, the Blackberry Desktop Software should be able to detect the new device (Curve 9360) and all data and apps should have been transferred successfully.

And all is set!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disassemble Rexus G6 Gaming Mouse

I just got my Rexus G6 package delivered the other day. Despite all my excitement, it came with a flaw: something on the inside stuck and prevented the case to fully shut. And thanks to that gap, the left-click button didn’t function properly. For a while, I compromised by setting another button as the left-click button ( link ). But that got annoying pretty fast. Since I did not posses any patient to wait for replacement, I decided to open it up myself. First, unscrew the bottom of the mouse (the screw might be hidden under the warranty sticker). BEWARE THAT DOING THIS MIGHT VOID YOUR WARRANTY! And voila! It’s open. Since I only need to re-attach the case to its proper place, this is it for me. But for you tech savvy, the rest is up to you.

How To: Setting Ulang Tombol Mouse

Belakangan ini mouse saya bermasalah dengan tombol left-click nya, sampai di titik dimana untuk meng-klik saja butuh effort yang sangat besar. Tetapi, berhubung mouse saya termasuk gaming-mouse yang mempunyai beberapa tombol extra, dan sambil menunggu klaim garansi, timbul ide untuk memindahkan fungsi left-click ke tombol yang lain. Caranya: Secara default, Windows 7 tidak mempunyai kemampuan untuk melakukan setting seperti ini, jadi download X-Mouse Button Control dari link ini:   http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm Setelah instalasi selesai, buka aplikasi. ·          Layer name: Beri nama konfigurasi ini sesuai keinginan ·          Mouse Button 5: Disini fungsi left-click saya pindahkan ke Mouse Button 5 ·          Mouse Button 4: Berhubung tombol ini tidak mempunyai fungsi apa-apa saat ini, saya assign fungsi yang cukup sering kita pakai, yaitu back button disini. ·          Apply and Close untuk finalisasi konfigurasi